It would be wonderful if everyone had the ability to spot danger in plenty of time to avoid tragedy. Unfortunately, this is usually an unattainable goal. Still, when it comes to Missouri auto accidents caused by drugged or drunken driving, it is possible to spot danger ahead of time in some cases.
According to Mothers against Drunk Driving or MADD, there are several warning signs which may indicate that you are sharing the road with an incapacitated motorist. Knowing these signs could help you avoid a potentially dangerous auto accident.
- Swerving and other erratic driving behaviors
- Weaving across the roadway
- Straddling the centerline
- Driving without headlights in the dark
- Abruptly slowing, stopping or accelerating
- Making illegal or sudden turns
- Driving much slower than the speed limit
- Traveling against traffic in the wrong lane
- Having near strikes with motor vehicles or objects
- Tailgating other vehicles
- Displaying poor or slow responses to traffic signs and signals
Anytime you see a motorist exhibiting these signs, it is wise to get as far away from the vehicle as possible. Drivers who do so may drastically reduce the odds of becoming involved in auto accidents.
Knowing how to spot an incapacitated motorist might not save you from all auto accidents, but it can protect you from at least some collisions. If it is too late and you have already suffered injuries in a Kansas City crash, a legal professional can guide you through the process of filing an injury claim. Your attorney can also help you deal with insurance companies to ensure that you acquire every penny of the injury compensation you deserve.