Personal Injury Trial Attorneys Since 1952

  1. Home
  2.  » Premises Liability And Safety

Injured In A Slip-And-Fall In Missouri? We Can Help

Trip and slip-and-fall cases are best handled with the help of an experienced team of Missouri lawyers. At Norton & Spencer, P.C., our Kansas City personal injury attorneys have undertaken complex litigation and negotiation in the most serious types of personal injury cases.

Because we combine more than 60 years of experience and a record of attaining more than $50 million for clients, there is no case too complex for us to handle. Our No. 1 priority is helping you recover. We are committed to understanding all of the details related to your case, and we will do everything we can to help you receive compensation for your losses.

Skilled Legal Assistance With Premises Liability Claims In Missouri

There are federal, state and local codes that govern nearly all types of commercial and residential properties, including:

The codes govern step downs, angles, surfaces and grits of surfaces because a slight misstep can result in a catastrophic injury. Similarly, failure to set up proper security and safeguard a premise can result in serious injury or death from assaults and attacks.

If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury as a result of an improperly maintained premise, it is important to understand your legal rights so you can move toward collecting compensation. These cases are immensely complex. The liability may not reside solely with the property owner but with the management company, maintenance company and even the renter of the property.

The Answers You Want To Know From Slip-And-Fall Lawyers

Most people considering premises liability claims have a variety of questions. You can ask us anything, and we will provide straightforward answers. Take a look at some of the frequently asked questions that we often hear at our Missouri law office.

Do I have a case?

To have an actionable claim, you must prove that:

  • A hazardous condition existed on the premises
  • The property owner knew about or should have known about it
  • The property owner failed to remedy the hazardous condition
  • As a result, you have compensable damages

If you have all of these elements, you have a claim. You should speak with a Missouri slip-and-fall attorney to discuss the particulars of your situation in depth.

When should I contact a lawyer? When should I file a lawsuit?

Get in touch with an injury attorney as soon as you possibly can. The sooner you do, the better your likelihood of putting together a strong claim. In Missouri, there is a statute of limitations for filing a premises liability claim: five years. If you don’t file your claim within five years of the date of your accident, you forfeit the right to recover compensation.

What should I do after an accident on someone else’s property?

Whether the incident took place at a commercial store or a private home, try to follow these steps:

  1. Get medical attention immediately, even if you do not have visible bruises or cuts.
  2. If necessary, call the police to have them file a report.
  3. Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries.
  4. Get the name and contact information of the property owner and any witnesses.
  5. Do not speak with any insurance company representatives.

Before you speak with anyone from the insurance provider, speak with a Kansas City lawyer about your rights.

Call For A Free Consultation With A Premises Liability Attorney

Norton & Spencer, P.C., can help you. Contact our Kansas City slip-and-fall injury attorneys for a free consultation by calling us toll-free at 866-251-5423. You can also connect with us online by filling out our online contact form.