Personal Injury Trial Attorneys Since 1952

  1. Home
  2.  » Motor Vehicle Accidents

Representing Victims Of Motor Vehicle Negligence


The Kansas City metro area is in a major freight lane, and our roads and highways are filled with semitrucks. Coupled with the fact that Kansas City is in the center of the U.S. and gets a lot of pass-through traffic, driving here can be a headache, or worse.

The pain and suffering you experience due to someone else’s negligence should not be your burden to bear alone. At the law firm of Norton & Spencer, P.C., our Kansas City trial attorneys have more than 60 years of experience securing results for Missouri vehicle accident victims.

We represent clients who have been injured in car accidents that happened on I-35, I-49, I-70, I-435, I-470, I-635 and other highways in Missouri, so give us a call today at 816-454-5800.

I Was Hit By Another Driver — Now What?

After an accident, and once you and everyone else have received medical attention, it is very important that you take the right steps to protect yourself.

First of all, provide any necessary information to law enforcement and any insurance companies involved, but do not sign anything given to you by an insurance company, even your own. Contacting an experienced attorney will help. Second, take photos, gather information, and write down any helpful details about the accident.

Depending on the nature of your case, you might begin by filing an insurance claim. Watch how it is handled — you may very well need to file a civil lawsuit in addition! Speaking to a lawyer right away can ensure you do not sign away your rights at any point when dealing with insurance companies.

Should I Settle Or Go To Court?

This really depends on the details of your case and what seems like the best move in your situation. In general, insurance companies will always try to pay as little as possible, and any damages not covered by insurance may need to be sought in a civil case.

Settling can skip the potentially long process of a court hearing and ensures a certain amount of payment.

Going to court can take longer and it is always possible that a judge will rule against you, but you can often seek more money in court than the other party will offer as a settlement. You should definitely speak with a knowledgeable attorney before making any settlement decision.

Our Accident Attorneys Can Help You

At the law office of Norton & Spencer, P.C., we have more than 60 years of experience to put to use for you. Having worked on some of the most complicated medical malpractice cases in the state, we have a deep knowledge of the health issues that accompany auto accident cases. We will analyze the nature of your accident and develop an approach suited to arrive at an ideal resolution in the form of settlement or trial.

Please talk to a Kansas City accident attorney if you have been injured in any type of motor vehicle accident. We offer free initial consultations. Call us at 816-454-5800 to talk about your case right now, or reach out online to make an appointment.